Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 7.0.X
This issue is similar to
LPS-134169, but it only occurs when using a virtual host URL. When using a virtual host URL, the journal article URL in the URI is automatically re-normalized, which can cause it to exceed its allowed length.
The solution is simple - prior to searching for the article, we simply need to truncate the journal article URL back to the maximum allowed characters.
In fact, we can revert the solution for
LPS-134169 and apply this same solution for it.
Note that this issue is only applicable to 7.0.x.
LPS-101786 was committed to 7.0.x-7.2.x; however, LPS-67510 fixes this issue in 7.1.x and 7.2.x. Since LPS-67510 is a Story ticket, and its fix relies on adding several new tables, we cannot backport it. Therefore, we should add a unique fix for 7.0.x.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a new site.
2. Inside of this new site, create a page with "Content Display Page" type.
3. Add a new public page, for example 'testpage'.
4. Go to Site Settings -> Site URL -> configure the virtual hosts of the public pages to "test.com"
5. Update the hosts file of the laptop to map "test.com 127.0.0.1"
6. Add a new web content with Japanese title with a large number of characters (20 should be sufficient). For example "当社における新型コロナウイルス感染者の発生について". And choose the page add in Step 2 as it's display page.
7. Add an asset publisher onto testpage page.
8. Go to Asset Publisher configuration page -> Display Settings
Display Template : Title List
Asset Link Behavior : View in Context.
9. Go to test page via the public pages virtual host (http://test.com:8080/testpage), and click the title "当社における新型コロナウイルス感染者の発生について".
Expected Result: The web content is displayed in the display page (created in #2)
Actual Result: A Not Found error is reported on the page: