As an *Operations Manager, *I want to assign workflow tasks and actions to Accounts-Roles type
Since a new role type (TYPE_ACCOUNT = 6) has been added to Liferay, we need to have the possibility of using it with workflows, in particular when using the "Single Approver" workflow definition.
The the definition still uses the 7.3 XSD schema that doesn't include the account role type, which is present in the 7.4 version of the schema.
Then there are the KaleoDesignerPortlet.java and the edit_kaleo_definition_version.jsp that don't allow the new type to be used, as the WorkflowTaskManagerImpl.java or GroupAwareRoleKaleoTaskAssignmentSelector.java (that could be extended with an external GroupAwareRoleValidator, but since we are integrating the new type to Liferay would be nice to have it OOTB)
This feature is strictly related to the Account migration and is considered a blocker for 7.4 because Commerce leverages Liferay Workflow to model order approval and order acceptance workflows. Especially with order approval workflows, our clients will want to allow specific account roles to approve an order and not other account roles. For example, our clients want users within an account with the "Order Manager" Account Role to be approvers of orders but not users with the Buyer account role. Without support for account roles within workflows, they will not be able to do this which is a core capability which we already supported in previous versions of Commerce which leveraged the Commerce Accounts.
Do not hesitate to get back to me for additional info.
Given a user creating a new workflow process,
when the user is defining a workflow property that allows role assignments,
then the user should be able to select account-role types in the definition.
- All Acceptance Criteria were passed;
- Make sure that the expected automated tests were created (unit / integration / functional) and passed successfully;
- Code with peer review completed;
- Validated by QA, Product Designer and/or PM;
- No critical bug related to Story scope (ex.: similar of FP4, FP5);
- Make sure that all system documentation were updated (if necessary)
- Make sure that it has the extensions points needed to allow GS and customers to customize the feature (If applicable)