Affects Version/s: 7.3.X, Master
Component/s: Application Security > Login/Sign in Portlet
Steps to reproduce:
- Configure a program to check outgoing emails of the portal (e.g. Papercut)
- Login to the portal and create a new user
- Go to Control Panel > Configuration > Instance settings > User Authentication and change company authentication mode to Screen Name
- Create a new page and add the Sign in widget to this page
- In the portlet configuration change the authentication type to "Email Address"
- request a reset password link through the newly created page with the sign in widget, using the email address of the user created in step 2 => the email is NOT sent
- use the screenName in the "email address" field of reset password page => the email is sent
Sign in portlet configured to use Email address does not send out an email when email address is entered to password reset field, but it sends email when screen name is entered (Authentication mode selected for the instance)
So the issue is that reset password doesn't consider the authentication mode specified at "login portlet level" but only at company level.
Expected behavior: Password reset can be requested entering Email address to the Sign in widget when its configured authentication type for the widget is Email address
Also tested on:
7.3.x @4fe1e071c4ebef15588a628f13dd2097f7d39478 ->Same issue
Master @0b91010c2ef77d4c61a3b74503d0220f88be8f04 ->Same issue