- Set up DXP 7.2 or 7.3 with the latest fix pack
- Go to Control Panel --> Sites --> Sites and create a blank site (Site1).
- In Site1 go to Content & Data --> Web Content and add basic web content.
- Go to Web Content --> Structures and create a structure with a web content field and make it repeatable.
- Go to web content and add web content based on the structure and in the content field select the created basic web content.
- Go to Publishing --> Export and click on the "+" Custom Export and export the Site, then download the LAR.
- In another instance with the same configuration but a different database, create a blank Site (Site2).
- In Site2, go to publishing --> Import and import the downloaded LAR
- Go to Content & Data --> Web Contents and edit the web content created from the structure.
Actual Result: The web content field is displayed as deleted. You will see the note:
The selected web content was deleted.
Expected Result: The web content should be successfully imported and the web content field should be available.
- The issue is not reproducible in current master version. However, there are issues here as well.
- The first issue is that JournalArticleExportImportContentProcessor does not handle arrays returned by field.getValue(locale). It always expects and tries to parse a JSON value. In this case an array will look like this: "[Ljava.lang.String;@567182b6". This is invalid and throws an exception. This is also reproducible in master, but another replacement running right after this solves the issue.
- The error message for the field is added here: JournalConverterImpl.java#L1172
- The strange thing is that the classPK is replaced correctly even in 7.3, but the groupId is not. While in master, we don't even have a groupId in this field.
LPS-162626 Repeatable web content fields do not preserve order
- is related to
LPS-143069 Publishing a repeatable web content field with no entries results in "null" value in the DB