Affects Version/s: 7.2.X
Steps to reproduce:
1. Start up a vanilla DXP 7.2 SP3
2. Create a form with a Numeric field, required.
3. Also enable validation for the field: if greater than or equal to 1000, display error "Value must be less than 1000". Save the form and put it on a page.
4. Type in 2500, then stop typing.
Checkpoint: you will see the validation message appearing under the field. This is the expected behaviour
5. Stop the server and install dxp-9. Start it up.
6. Type in 2500, then stop typing.
Result: nothing happens, the validation message does not appear. If you delete the contents of the field and step outside of it (lose focus, eg. with Tab key), it displays a message that the field is required. If you then go back into the field and type 2500 again, and stop typing, now the validation message will appear.
Expected: As with dxp-8 (see checkpoint above)
Master: it's even worse, the validation message never appears, not even after the machinations described above