As the title says, if we write a BasePortletIdUpgradeProcess it does change portlet names in widget pages (field typesettingsproperty of layout table), but doesn't change it in content pages.
This causes the renamed portlet to disappear from all content pages.
This can be reproduced following these steps:
- Build and start the portal before commit https://github.com/izaera/liferay-portal/commit/39c196caa17f7db72e9057bda5c7eca1caf5a869
- Configure a Remote App in Custom Apps > Remote Apps:
- Use "Remote App Test" as name and "http://remote-app-test.wincent.com/" as URL
- Edit the home page content and add the "Remote App Test" (in "Sample" category) to the page
- Publish the page
- Stop the portal
- Build and start the portal after the aforementioned commit
- Visit the home page and see how the "Remote App Test" has disappeared. Edit the page and see how it complains because the portlet is missing.