Add upgrade step which does the import during upgrade when the ES server is available and there are RR entries to add.
Even if we assume that some customers will set-up a new ES cluster and back-up and restore the indexes manually (after the DB upgrade, so the RR entries may not be present during the upgrade process), other customers will just re-use the existing ES 7.x cluster (especially when upgrading from 7.3) so this upgrade step will eliminate the need for running the Groovy-script and also simplify the Search upgrade docs. In addition, this would also help QA in adding an upgrade test.
- Upgrade successfully from 7.2/7.3 search index storage to database storage
- Install & configure remote ES7
- Configure DXP to connect to remote ES7
- Start DXP
- Create a few Web Content articles and other asset entries
- Create a RR entry, pin, order ec.
- Create another RR entry
- Create a new Virtual Instance
- Repeat steps 4-6 on the new Virtual Instance
- Stop DXP
- Stop ES7
- Set-up the environment using DXP 7.3 and follow the steps above to create data
- Stop DXP 7.3 and upgrade to Master/7.4
- Perform a full reindex
- Verify that RR entries are present on both Virtual Instances on the UI
- Verify that RR entries are present in the database
- Verify that the RR indexes (liferay-<companyId>-search-tuning-rankings) contain the RR documents
- After upgrading from 7.3, if the ES server was not available during the upgrade or it did not contain the existing entries for whatever reason, the groovy script attached must be ran (while portal is connected to the elastic server that contains the RR indexes) in order to populate the database
- Storage: JSONStorageEntry table