Affects Version/s: 7.2.X, 7.3.X, Master
Component/s: Portal Configuration
With the inclusion of
LPS-136376, we now use typed configuration values for .config file types. This means when we save the configuration, export it, or update the .config file after an update in the UI, the configuration values are typed.
However, we also have a minor issue where changes pushed back into the existing .config file include spaces around the equals sign. For configurations saved to the DB or exported, there are no whitespaces:
configurationBoolean = B"true"
This causes no functional issues, however there is a lack of consistency and may ionterfere with version control software (files maybe overwritten to include whitespace).
We added this whitespace with the inclusion of
LPS-118855, seemingly for readability purposes.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Sign in as [email protected]
2. Go to Control Panel > System Settings > Web Content
3. Click on the Administration on the left hand menu under System Scope
4. Click the checkbox next to "Journal Article Show ID" to enable the setting
6. Export the file and save it as com.liferay.journal.web.internal.configuration.JournalWebConfiguration.config
7. Examine the file and observe its contents as follows:
8. Copy com.liferay.journal.web.internal.configuration.JournalWebConfiguration.config to $liferay.home/osgi/configs
9. Restart the server
10. Go back to Control Panel > System Settings > Web Content
11. Click on the Administration on the left hand menu under System Scope
12. Scroll down and click "Update"
13. In the file system, examine com.liferay.journal.web.internal.configuration.JournalWebConfiguration.config in $liferay.home/osgi/configs
14. Assert that you observe the contents as follows:
The com.liferay.journal.web.internal.configuration.JournalWebConfiguration.config file when saved through the UI has spaces before and after the equal sign, where as the exported com.liferay.journal.web.internal.configuration.JournalWebConfiguration.config has no whitespace. This is also true for the entry saved to the configuration_ table.
Both the com.liferay.journal.web.internal.configuration.JournalWebConfiguration.config saved in the UI or exported will not contain whitepace.
- 7.3.X-private Commit: 6db37520573b824f3ae2d6e44455f2634009740a
- Master-private Commit: aa58c3de6565738bae5237e3622436ba25230a18