With this story, we want to make private pages disappear from the UI for those customers / installations that have no existing private pages.
Any fresh installation of Liferay 7.4.x must avoid the creation of private pages. To achieve this, several requirements must be met:
- Pages administration will show no breadcrumb Pages > Public Pages. Pages administration will be placed at first level as just "Pages".
- The Add action, be it from the "+" icon in the miller columns, the page tree or on the top right corner, will show only two options: "Page" and "Collection Page"
- In the Page Tree, the current selector Public / Private Pages will show just "Pages" (ideally it shouldn't be a selector, or even should it disappear?), and the first level of the tree will be named just as "Pages"
Configuration will be tackled in
Notes about RFF:
- RFF will act at site level
- When the RFF is on (new installations), Private Pages are hidden
- When the RFF is off (upgrades), Private pages are shown on those sites where there are some
- For those installations where there are private pages, and the RFF is on, the private pages will be visible (a warning is needed, TBD)
|Test Scenarios||Test Strategy||Kind of test||Is it covered by FrontEnd ? (JS-Unit)||Is it covered by BackEnd ? (unit or integration)||Could it be covered by POSHI?|
|View no private page in page administration and page tree||Critical||Manual||No||No||Yes|
|View no private page in navigation menu||Critical||Manual||No||No||Yes|
|View no private page in web content||Critical||Manual||No||No||Yes|
|View no private page in link to page structure||High||Manual||No||No||Yes|
|View no private page in staging||High||Manual||No||No||Yes|
|View no private page in site settings's virtual host||High||Manual||No||No||Yes|
|View no private page in style book||High||Manual||No||No||Yes|