As a Content Creator, I want to track my content's approval status from the kebab menu of my content, so that I can follow the approval process within the context of my content.
A tracking component was created by the Workflow Team that allows developers to pass an instance Id and have a complete view of the workflow of the instance (including the current step, past steps and possible future steps). This was created for Commerce use cases. However, this component has a lot of value elsewhere in DXP for assets that utilize an approval workflow.
Therefore, we are expanding this feature to other assets that support Workflow (eg. blog entries, web content, etc). Instead of just showing if the asset is pending or approved, it will be possible to open the Workflow Instance Tracker from the kebab menu of the asset and view the complete workflow of the instance.
Given an asset configured with an approval workflow,
and an asset instance that was recently submitted to approval,
when a user opens the kebab menu for the asset,
then he should be able to open the Workflow tracking component and understand where in the workflow process that asset instance is.
- If the asset is approved, it should be possible to track the steps that it went through.
- All Acceptance Criteria were passed;
- Make sure that the expected automated tests were created (unit / integration / functional) and passed successfully;
- Code with peer review completed;
- Validated by QA, Product Designer and/or PM;
- No critical bug related to Story scope (ex.: similar of FP4, FP5);
- Make sure that all system documentation were updated (if necessary)
- Make sure that it has the extensions points needed to allow GS and customers to customize the feature (If applicable)