Affects Version/s: 7.4.13 DXP GA1, Master
Component/s: Out of the box Fragments > Navigation Menu
Note: This issue relates to the "Menu Display" fragment - there's no Component for this available to select - I've assumed that "Navigation Menu" is the same thing.
In DXP 7.4 GA1 the new "Menu Display" fragment allows Navigation Menus to be selected (similarly to the existing Navigation Menu widget).
However I have observed that the menu does not display to unauthenticated (Guest) users. This appears to impact both system menus (e.g. Public Pages Hierarchy) as well as user created Navigation Menus (even when the Navigation Menu has "View" permissions for Guests). As such it appears to relate to permissions on the Fragment itself.
- Navigate to the default site
- Add a master page with a Menu Display fragment
- Publish Master
- Add a content page based on master
- Sign out
- Navigate to the content page as Guest user
- The fragment displays and the selected Navigation Menu is shown
- The fragment displays "An unexpected error occurred."
- When the page first loads two "Error: Your request failed to complete" errors are shown
- A permissions error is displayed in the Console log: