7.3.10 DXP FP2, 7.3.X
A CSE reports that there is a bug with a drop down menu in the App Builder for Objects.
After a discussion in LPP-42572, they determined that this was indeed a bug and that the drop down menu should not be visible to the user.
Steps to reproduce
1. Start a clean 7.3 instance
2. Navigate to the Control Panel → Configuration → System Settings
3. Click Data Providers (under Content & Data)
4. Check the Access Local Network checkbox and save
5. Navigate to Site Administration → Content & Data → Forms → Data Providers
6. Create a new Rest Data Provider which uses the following data:
- Name: Countries of the World
- URL: http://localhost:8080/api/jsonws/country/get-countries/
- User Name: [admin user]@liferay.com
- Password: [admin user password]
- Timeout: 1000
- Outputs Label: Country Name
- Outputs Path: $..nameCurrentValue
- Outputs Type: List
7. Navigate to Applications (in the 3x3 menu) → App Builder → Objects and select New Custom Object
8. Add a "select from list" element
Results of Testing
Expected Result: There is no dropdown menu, only the option to create a list manually
Actual Results: There is a disabled Create List dropdown menu which is stuck on "Manually"