As an Operations Manager, I want to import an XML file to the Source editor so that I can import a Workflow definition.
In order to satisfy the growing needs and expectations of our users, the Workflow builder technology needs to evolve. The current technology limits us from evolving and achieving our low-code first vision. It was therefore decided that we will replace the current Kaleo Designer of Workflow built in Alloy with a new and improved Workflow Process Designer built in React and leveraging the React Flow Library.
This will allow us to not only improve the UI/UX of the feature, but also enable the company to drastically reduce the cost to maintain and develop new features in the Workflow Process Builder. Overall, this migration is key to the future goals of Workflow, the Low Code Initiative and Commerce Use Cases.
As part of this migration, we will be migrating the ability to import XML files to the Source editor. This will grant more technical users the flexibility to create a workflow definition and then import this file to the Source editor. This will also allow users to create a Workflow based off of a pre-defined template that they have previously created. For more information, please see Crafting XML Workflow Definitions.
In this Story's scope, users should be able to:
- Import an XML file to the Source editor.
Given that a user is defining a new workflow process using the Source editor,
when the user clicks on "Import a File",
then the user can import a pre-made workflow definition.
Given that a user has imported a workflow definition to the Source editor,
when the user returns to the "Process Builder View",
then the imported workflow definition is shown in the Process Builder.
- All Acceptance Criteria were passed;
- Make sure that the expected automated tests were created (unit / integration / functional) and passed successfully;
- Code with peer review completed;
- Validated by QA, Product Designer and/or PM;
- No critical bug related to Story scope (ex.: similar of FP4, FP5);
- Make sure that all system documentation were updated (if necessary)
- Make sure that it has the extensions points needed to allow GS and customers to customize the feature (If applicable)