I have a page to display support tickets with the following structure:
- Collection Filter Fragment (Keyword Search)
- Tabs Fragment
- Tab1: Collection Display: Tickets (Filtered to Open Tickets)
- Tab2: Collection Display: Tickets (Filtered to Closed Tickets)
The page includes two tabs to display open and closed tickets and a Collection filter fragment to search within both collections.
If I switch to tab2 and then change the Keyword for the Collection filter fragment, the page will reload and I am switched back to tab1. I then have to switch to tab2 to see my filter applied.
- Persist Selected Tab in URL: This could match the method used to persist the query for the collection filter fragment.
- Persist the Selected Tab in local storage: This has the advantage of keeping the URL cleaner.
- Provide Configuration for Persistence: Fragment configuration could be provided to choose whether the selected tab should persist or not. It could also provide the ability to choose which persistence method is desired.