Affects Version/s: None
Liferay Portal 7.4 CE GA36 / DXP 7.4 Update 36 introduces Search Suggestions, a new feature of the Search Bar widget. With suggestions enabled, users begin typing in the search bar and have preliminary results returned. This feature introduces search-as-you-type functionality to Liferay.
- Enabled by default, the feature can be toggled on and off in the Search Bar widget configuration.
- [DXP 7.4 Only] Use Search Blueprints to tailor the suggestions search query.
- Other configuration options include setting the number of characters typed before results are displayed, and configuring the suggestions contributor used to search the index.
- Configure suggestions in the Control Panel: there's a Service Access Policy, a headless endpoint configuration, and System/Instance Settings entries. With these you can exert control over suggestions at various scopes.
Learn more in the Search Bar Suggestions documentation.
Introducing search-as-you-type suggestions in the Search Bar Widget inspired by https://github.com/peerkar/liferay-gsearch, as the first phase of our Predictive Search Capabilities roadmap initiative.
- The customer's use-case is covered without deploying any custom code
- Feature Flag removed or replaced with Release Feature Flag: suggestions enabled by default
- Documentation published to learn.liferay.com
- Initial internal enablement materials are available