7.2.X, 7.3.X, Master
LPS-129410, we modified the logic for exporting a Calendar to a .ics file, to include the html in the X-ALT-DESC property. However, the logic was not similarly modified for importing a .ics file to Liferay. We still use the DESCRIPTION property, rather than the X-ALT-DESC property, during the import. This means that, while we export the html to the .ics file, if it is re-imported into Liferay, the html will be lost.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Start up Liferay and log in as the admin user.
2. Add Calendar widget to Home page on default Liferay DXP site
3. Click on Add Event and
4. input into Title field ‘Test 1’ and
5. input into Description field (with Source mode selected):
6. click Publish.
7. Confirm that the event description contains HTML with 'Google PV' as a hyperlink.
8. Navigate to the side of Calendar widget and click on the dropdown button next to Liferay DXP's Calendars and select Manage Calendars
9. For the calendar 'Liferay DXP' and choose Export in the side menu. A .ICS file is downloaded.
10. Navigate back to Home page and delete the added event.
11. Navigate to the side of Calendar widget and click on the dropdown button next to Liferay DXP's Calendars and select Manage Calendars
12. For the calendar 'Liferay DXP' and choose Import in the side menu. Upload the .ICS file that was downloaded in Step 5.
13. Navigate back to Home page and check the details of the added event.
Expected Result: The reported behavior is resolved, with event description retaining HTML with links intact.
Actual Result: The original reported behavior persists, with the event description losing HTML.