Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 5.2.X EE, 6.0.12 EE, 6.1.0 CE RC1
Environment:Tomcat 6.0.32. MySQL 5.1. Windows XP. IE 8. 5.2.x Revision 81466
JBoss 5.1. MySQL 5.1. Windows 7. IE 8. 6.0.12 Revision 81548
Tomcat 6.0.32. MySQL 5.1. Windows XP. IE 8. 6.0.1 Revision 81424
Branch Version/s:6.0.x, 5.2.x
Guest user can still see that a category and thread exists even after the guest view permissions have been removed.
1. Add new category named Category1
2. Add new category named Category2
3. Click on Actions button next to Category2
4. Click on Permissions
5. Uncheck guest View permission
6. Log out
7. Navigate to the message board
8. Category2 is still visible
The guest user can still see that Category2 is there but clicking into Category2 gives you an error that says "You do not have the required permissions". In 6.0.11, the guest user cannot see Category2 at all. This same issue applies to a thread that has guest view permissions removed.