There is an inconsistency between searching for roles in Control Panel > Roles, and searching for roles when editing an asset's permissions.
For example, you can use quotation marks to look for an exact search on Control Panel > Roles > Site Roles for "site content". This will result in "Site Content Reviewer" being returned. However, when performing the same search on a Web Content's permissions, searching for "site content" results in 0 results.
This is demonstrative of an OOTB role, but the customer's side has nearly a hundred roles making it difficult to search exact phrases.
From a UX perspective, it seems that there is an inconsistency in how search works for the same set of roles depending on where you are on the UI.
Steps to reproduce
1. Install Liferay DXP 7.3 update 18
2. Start Liferay
3. Open Control Panel > Roles > Site Roles
4. Search for "site content" (with quotes)
5. Assert that Site Content Reviewer is returned
6. Go to Liferay DXP (site) > Content & Data > Web Content, and Create a Basic Web Content with any info, then publish it.
7. Edit the permissions of the newly created Web Content article
8. In the search bar, search for "site content" (with quotes)
No results are returned. However, if we remove the quotation marks, Site Content Reviewer is returned.
Consistent search behavior should be present (i.e., double quotes should return Site Content Reviewer) on permissions search on assets.
- Liferay DXP 7.3 U18
- 7.3.X-private Commit: 7e4991547ac861000b239cc469a2afb0d60ec3ee
- Master-private Commit: 8fe3a66c8025121dea2ee7347161b316c1fed871
LPS-178212 Resource permissions popup should search for roles by visible information only
- is caused by
LPS-78443 Permissions -> search by role name works incorrectly.
- mentioned in