Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 6.1.0 CE RC1
Environment:Tomcat 7.0.21 + MySQL 5. 6.1.x Revision 89768.
Similar Issues:Show 5 results
LPS-44815 Web content created through Asset Pubisher or Web Content Display has stored to wrong scope with staging (when web content is not staged). LPS-23928 Staging - Added Web Content does not display in the Select window if the Web Content Portlet is not staged LPS-41374 Web Content Display portlet disappeared when enabled staging LPS-42043 Web Content Display portlet displays Web Content the user does not have view permission for when staging is enabled LPS-30915 Display portlets doesn't work properly with site templates
The web content display portlet is not working properly when a site is staged. The portlet does not display any web content in the staged page until the site is published. Upon publishing, the portlet will display web content in the staged page, but will not display at all in the live page.
Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Activate staging for the default Liferay site
2. View the staged site
3. Add a page labelled "Web Content"
4. Add a Web Content Display portlet
5. Add Web Content using the portlet
6. Upon publishing the web content, the user will simply see a blank web content display portlet
7. Publish the site to live; set the range to "All" and flag all checkboxes
8. View the staged site; the user will now see the newly added web content
9. View the live site; the user will see the Web Content page, but the web content portlet will not be visible