Affects Version/s: 6.1.0 CE RC1
Environment:Tomcat 7.0.22 + MySQL 5.5.15. 6.1.X Revision: 94251.
Unable to view Media Gallery portlet as a guest upon upgrade to 6.1 until the Documents and Media Library portlet is added.
1. Start up Liferay 6.0.6 or 6.0.12
2. Add the Image Gallery
3. Add a folder, making sure that Guests have view permissions
4. Add two images to the folder, making sure that Guests have view permissions
5. Shut down the server
6. Configure Liferay 6.1 to upgrade from 6.0.6 (or 6.0.12)
7. Start up 6.1
8. Go to the Media Gallery without logging in
The Media Gallery portlet shows an error message that says you do not have permission to view. After you log in, the images are viewable. Also, once you add the Documents and Media Library portlet, you can now see the images as a Guest user.