Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 6.1.0 CE RC1
Component/s: Web Content > Web Content Administration
Environment:Tomcat 7.0.23 + MySQL 5. 6.1.x Revision: 94906.
When a user has subscribed to the comments for Web Content, if he adds or replies to a comment, he gets an error in the console. The UI says that it has saved successfully. And when he checks the email, the comments are not found in the email.
1. Add a page.
2. Add the Web Content display portlet.
3. Add an article.
4. Go to the Control Panel> Server Administration> Mail.
5. Configure POP and SMTP for gmail.
6. Go to the Control Panel> Portal Instance.
7. Replace liferay.com in the Mail Domain field with gmail.com.
8. Go to the Control Panel> Users and Organizations.
9. Create a new user called test1. Enter a valid email address. Give him Roles/ View permission to see the Web Content article.
10. Enter a comment to the article.
11. Sign in as test1.
12. Click Subscribe to Comments.
13. Add a comment.
14. Console errors.
15. Check the gmail account. Verify that there should be an email notifying the user a comment has been added.