Details

    • Type: Feature Request Feature Request
    • Status: Open
    • Priority: Trivial Trivial
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects Version/s: 6.1.0 CE RC1
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Environment:
      Tomcat 7.0.21 + MySQL 5. 6.1.x Revision 92309.
    • Similar Issues:
      Show 5 results 

      Description

      1. go to control panel -> Document and media
      2. edit your file
        Effect: you will see field called "title". It often confuses people because it's not title of a document but a file name under which this document will be downloaded from Liferay. That means you can't use the same characters as in Web Content "title". This field should be named "Filename".
        This is a usability bug.

        Activity

        Hide
        Sharry Shi added a comment -

        Hi Szymon,

        Thanks for taking the time to submit this report and for being a part of the Liferay Bugsquad. At this time we've determined that this issue falls under our 'improvement' criteria. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks again!

        Show
        Sharry Shi added a comment - Hi Szymon, Thanks for taking the time to submit this report and for being a part of the Liferay Bugsquad. At this time we've determined that this issue falls under our 'improvement' criteria. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks again!
        Hide
        Natasa Bulatovic added a comment -

        Came up to this issue, and have the same problem in fact.
        If we want to use the LR document library - we need to actually define separate "custom" field, named title - in order to be able to provide arbitrary titles for documents (which are not same as file names).
        But that would mean - complete new work on all DL , where instead of the filename, we'd like to display Title of the document, related also to the searching (search by Title) etc..

        Any quick hints?

        Show
        Natasa Bulatovic added a comment - Came up to this issue, and have the same problem in fact. If we want to use the LR document library - we need to actually define separate "custom" field, named title - in order to be able to provide arbitrary titles for documents (which are not same as file names). But that would mean - complete new work on all DL , where instead of the filename, we'd like to display Title of the document, related also to the searching (search by Title) etc.. Any quick hints?
        Hide
        Szymon Golebiewski added a comment -

        Hint: Vote for this issue and maybe it will be fixed

        Show
        Szymon Golebiewski added a comment - Hint: Vote for this issue and maybe it will be fixed
        Hide
        Randy Zhu added a comment -

        In preparation for Ideation; we are merging New Feature and Improvement tickets into a singular ticket type called “Feature Request”. Additional information to follow soon.

        Show
        Randy Zhu added a comment - In preparation for Ideation; we are merging New Feature and Improvement tickets into a singular ticket type called “Feature Request”. Additional information to follow soon.

          People

          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Days since last comment:
              2 years, 6 weeks ago

              Development

                Structure Helper Panel