Affects Version/s: 6.1.0 CE RC1
Environment:Tomcat 7.0.21 + MySQL 5. 6.1.x Revision: 93248.
Tomcat 7.0.21 + SQL Server. 6.1.x Revision: 93248.
Setup Wizard does not allow user to change database if different from portal-ext. If a user wanted to configure Liferay to use a different database (eg. MySQL) than what was set in their portal-ext (eg. SQL Server), exceptions are thrown and Liferay instance becomes inactive.
Steps to reproduce:
- Configure portal-ext with the following properties
- Create 'lportal' database in SQL Server
- Create 'lportaltrunk' database in MySQL
- Start Liferay
- Assert that Liferay starts with lportal database in SQL Server
- Change the Database Type in the setup wizard to be MySQL
- Configure the JDBC URL to hit 'lportaltrunk' database
- Click the "Finish Configuration" button