Details

    • Similar Issues:
      Show 3 results 

      Description

      Some time ago we opened a ticket for Liferay Portal 6.0 EE regarding a memory leak with the Dockbar and IE7. The memory consumption of the iexplore process gradually increases while browsing around Liferay. Evenually the system became unresponsive.

      We are noticing similar behavior in Liferay 6.1 and Internet Explorer 8.0. For instance, browsing Liferay 6.0 EE SP1 uses around 60 MB's of memory. Browsing the same pages in Liferay 6.1 causes Internet Explorer to use around 160 MB's.

      The fix for Liferay 6.0 EE was a patch that came as a part of AUI-249. I am wondering if a similar fix is needed for Liferay 6.1?

        Activity

        Hide
        Nate Cavanaugh added a comment -

        Heya Bruno,
        Can you take a look at this one?

        Thanks,

        Show
        Nate Cavanaugh added a comment - Heya Bruno, Can you take a look at this one? Thanks,
        Hide
        Bruno Basto added a comment -

        Jamie,

        Can you give me more information on how did you find this memory leak issue? What tools did you use? What were the portlets instantiated during your tests?

        Thank you,

        Show
        Bruno Basto added a comment - Jamie, Can you give me more information on how did you find this memory leak issue? What tools did you use? What were the portlets instantiated during your tests? Thank you,
        Hide
        Jamie Sammons added a comment -

        Bruno,

        What we figured out is that the new Document Library uses around 160 MB's of memory on the system. Which I believe is normal because of the amount of Javascript in the new UI. The issue I was referring to actually caused the system to leak until it became completely unresponsive.

        This ended up not being the same issue. Feel free to close this ticket.

        Thanks,
        Jamie

        Show
        Jamie Sammons added a comment - Bruno, What we figured out is that the new Document Library uses around 160 MB's of memory on the system. Which I believe is normal because of the amount of Javascript in the new UI. The issue I was referring to actually caused the system to leak until it became completely unresponsive. This ended up not being the same issue. Feel free to close this ticket. Thanks, Jamie
        Hide
        Bruno Basto added a comment -

        Resolved as of Jamie's comment.

        Show
        Bruno Basto added a comment - Resolved as of Jamie's comment.
        Hide
        Michael Saechang added a comment -

        Closing as per Jamie and Bruno's comment.

        Show
        Michael Saechang added a comment - Closing as per Jamie and Bruno's comment.

          People

          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:
              Days since last comment:
              3 years, 28 weeks, 4 days ago

              Development

                Structure Helper Panel