- get URL to a folder in "Documents and Media" via "Access from Desktop" feature
- connect to said folder via "Map Network Drive" (WebDAV) in Windows Explorer
- open some "picture.png" with Windows Photo Viewer
- Make a change to the picture (e.g. rotate 90°)
- Click on close button
- Windows Photo Viewer will try to save the file
- Dialog window opens "Windows Photo Viewer can't save the changes to this picture because the file isn't available. The picture might have been deleted or you might have lost your network connection" (see attached screenshot)
- File is locked in "Documents and Media" and renamed to "~icture.tmp"
- After clicking on "Cancel Checkout" in "Documents and Media" I can rename the file in Windows Explorer back to "picture.png" and when opening the file, the above changes have obviously been saved to the file.
I also attached a log file from Computer Management to this issue.