Steps to reproduce:
- Add a community site or an intranet site
- Navigate to Control Panel > Sites
- Click Add > Community Site or Intranet Site
- Unflag "Enable propagation of changes from the site template."
- Activate local live staging for the site
- In the site details page, click Staging on the right hand menu
- Click the Local Live radio button
- Under Staged Portlets, flag all check boxes
- Click Save
- Navigate to the community's public pages. There will already be portlets on the home page
- Change the page layout
- Click Staging to display the staged view
- Click Manage > Page Layout
- Select 1 Column and click Save. The pre-added portlets should now be in one column.
- Publish the layout change to live
- Click Staging > Publish to Live Now
- Under Options, flag all the check boxes
- Click Publish
- Click Live to display the live view. The portlets will still be in two columns.
The attached screenshots show staged view and live view after having published the layout changes to live.