Affects Version/s: 6.1.0 CE RC1, 6.2.0 CE M2
Environment:Tomcat 7.0.23 + MySQL 5. 6.1.x GIT ID: a3d8916d6bf6a1a35a8d7255de46cefdb5a4b9e3.
Tomcat 7.0.23 + MySQL 5. Trunk GIT ID: 1c50b6991a0828bd91d9661bc74fdda1fb8a42d9.
This behavior does not make any sense and together with the fact that page templates are applied lazily creates strange behaviors such as the one described next:
If an administrator creates a page (on the public pages of a site) using Page Templates, the page appears visibly for a guest user to click on. However, upon clicking on the page - the guest user will receive a prompt to log in (to see content on a public page?) and the page will disappear. From an end user perspective, this is strange behavior.
Steps to reproduce
1. Login as admin
2. In the default site public pages -> go to Control Panel -> Site Pages
3. Add a page and use a preset Page Template
4. Refresh a different browser as a guest user - note that the guest user can see the page.
5. Click on the page you created as a guest user
6. Observe the page disappear.
See this screencap for video of this behavior - http://www.screenr.com/tfos