Affects Version/s: 6.1.0 CE GA1, 6.2.0 CE M2
Component/s: Site Templates
Environment:Tomcat 7.0 + MySQL 5. 6.1.x GIT ID: 20cd12f0ba9f6e8d6a6f1c39edbef9081407891a.
Tomcat 7.0 + MySQL 5. 6.2.x GIT ID: 20a2728cee091f72bb4888658a2d2c92df87bcc9.
Following are instructions for User Groups, but the same happens whenever a site template is used:
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new Site Template.
2. Make sure "Allow Site Administrators to Modify the Pages Associated with This Site Template" is checked.
3. Add something to the Site Template pages
4. Create a new User Group
5. Assign the previously created Site Template to either Public or Private Pages for the User Group.
6. Make sure the "Enable propagation of changes from the site template <Site Template Name>." is checked.
7. Open the pages
8. Notice the banner at the top - "This page has been changed since the last update from the site template. To avoid overwriting those changes, no further updates from the site template will be done."
Despite having made zero changes in the User Group site thus far, the dynamic template inheritance already appears broken.