Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 6.1.0 CE GA1, 6.2.0 CE M2
Environment:Tomcat 7.0.23 + MySQL 5. 6.1.x GIT ID: 19d041d9dddb7b76f85cf1fd57e57a0ccc57960d.
Tomcat 7.0.23 + MySQL 5. 6.2.x GIT ID: 7cc0e8072033700797aa0271e2c4740425817c3f.
If a comment is edited so that it becomes null and then published, the system successfully posts the newly edited comment as an ellipsis instead of not posting and telling the user to type in a valid comment.
Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Add a page comments portlet
2. Post a comment that says "Comment"
3. The comment will be successfully posted as expected
4. Hover the mouse over the newly created comment and click "Edit"
5. Delete the word "Comment" so that the comment field is now blank
6. Click "Publish"
7. The comment will be successfully posted as an ellipsis