Affects Version/s: 6.0.12 EE
Environment:Tomcat 6.x, Java 6, Win XP, Microsoft AD
1) Set in portal-ext.properties:
- Set this to true if the portal does import LDAP user's password.
- Set this to false if the portal does not import LDAP user's password;
- Set this to false if LDAP user's password is not auto-generated;
- This property is in use only if the property ldap.import.user.password.enabled is set to false.
2) Enable LDAP authentication in Control Panel
3) Create a new user in LDAP
4) Attempt to log in as user in Liferay using LDAP password.
5) Authentication fails
The behavior is that Liferay expects the username and the autogenerated password to login. Of course, nobody knows the autogenerated password, so an admin will need to set a temporary password so the user can login and change his password.