Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 6.1.0 CE GA1, 6.2.0 CE M2
Environment:Tomcat 7 + MySQL 5. 6.1.x GIT ID: 3a63fb4bb9f075f250c3da617520ff9de2d35414.
Tomcat 7 + MySQL 5. 6.2.x GIT ID: 7e8cacfa5fabdd91ec72999d286863661accf5aa.
Backported to Branch:Committed
Caused by:Bug fix was not complete
Where was the bug?:Java
Git Pull Request:
1. Add these properties to your 'portal-ext.properties'.
2. Start up the tomcat server.
3. Navigate to "Control Panel -> Server Administration -> Mail".
4. Configure the POP and SMTP settings. (Make sure you use a valid email address)
5. Navigate to "Control Panel -> Portal Instances".
6. Click on the current Portal Instance to edit the settings.
7. Change the "Mail Domain" to gmail.com. (Whichever mail server you used in Step 4)
8. Add a User w/ a valid email address. (Make sure it is different from the one used in Step 4)
9. Assign that member to the Guest Community.
10. Add the Message Boards Portlet to the Guest Community.
11. Navigate to "Message Boards Portlet -> Configuration -> Setup -> Email From"
12. Fill in the "Address" field w/ the email address used in Step 4.
13. Add a Category.
14. Sign in as the newly created User.
15. Subscribe to the Category.
16. Add a Message to the Category w/ the Super Admin.
17. Look at the email set to the User to see the Message Board Thread.
18. Reply to the email through your email client.
The email should be added to the thread in the Portal, but it never shows up. **