Affects Version/s: 6.0.6 GA, 6.1.0 CE GA1
The range header is not support by the WebServerServlet. This will cause problems on certain browsers which require the range header in order to download only certain bytes within a given document. This is specified in the HTTP spec in sections 3.12 and 14.35.
In particular, this is used by iOS devices which may attempt to pseudo-stream Quicktime movies (the file has to be properly encoded for iOS devices and for pseudo-streaming). Testing can be done against the attached file, originally obtained from Apple's Knowledge Base. To test:
- Unzip the attached video file.
- Configure Liferay to allow uploads of over 4MB.
- Go to Control Panel > Documents and Media.
- Upload the unzipped version of the video file (the .m4v file).
- On an iOS device, navigate to this movie file and click the download link and you will not be able to display the video (see Screenshot).
Code for HTTP range header can be found in
LPS-22759, but needs to be applied more universally.