Affects Version/s: 6.1.1 CE GA2, 6.1.10 EE GA1, 6.2.0 CE M2
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Tomcat 7.0 + MySQL 5. 6.1.x GIT ID: 199809c863a03fcf815c3e1dc2dd9c3b3d3df49e.
Tomcat 7.0 + MySQL 5. 6.2.x GIT ID: 010d328ee49aa8b19f19ef4dab8c25f8344b4030.
The message board statistics still count threads even though guests (and users without permissions) cannot view the parent category. Threads should inherit the category's permissions because if the user copies the URL for a thread inside a category where the guest view has been removed, pinging that URL on a separate browser will say that the user does not have permissions to view that thread - which is supposed to happen. However, this is not the same for Message Board Statistics.
1. Add a page.
2. Add the Message Boards portlet.
3. Add a category called Category A.
4. Add four threads numbered 1 through 4 under Category A.
5. Remove the Guest View permissions for Category A so that guests cannot view Category 1. Leave alone the individual permissions for each thread.
6. Click Statistics on Message Boards. See the 1st screenshot - it shows 1 category and four posts.
7. Sign out.
8. Go to the page with the Message Boards portlet.
9. Click Statistics on Message Boards. See the 2nd screenshot - it shows 0 Categories and four posts.
10. Sign in.
11. Go to the Message Boards portlet.
12. Remove the Guest View permissions for Thread 2.
13. Sign out.
14. Go to the page with the Message Boards portlet.
15. Click Statistics on Message Boards.
16. See the third screenshot - it shows 0 Categories and three posts.