Affects Version/s: 6.1.0 CE GA1, 6.1.10 EE GA1, 6.2.0 CE M2
Categories are currently indexed by the name field which is not localized, as opposed to the title field which is localized. This means you cannot search for a category in the language of the current locale, only the default locale. Categories should instead be indexed by title and it should be a localized index.
Steps to reproduce:
- Assuming the default language English (United States). If it is not, change these steps accordingly.
- Create a category with title "One" in English, and "Two" in French
- Create a web content article and add category "One" to it, and publish it
- Create a user, "[email protected]"
- Log in as test1 and change the language to French (Control Panel > My Account > Display Settings > Language > French (France)
- Add the search portlet
- Search for "Two"
Expected results: the web content article should be shown in results. Actual results: the web content article is not found.
The way we currently index categories, French users need to search by the english name of the category, even though the French name is displayed when selecting a category.