Affects Version/s: 6.1.0 CE GA1, 6.1.10 EE GA1
Environment:Tomcat 7.0.25 + MySQL 5. 6.1.x GIT ID: fe17dd5e4b17b3ebec547d0c3adf4c2bfebc31b5. 6.1.x Plugins GIT ID: 647c571d5a6fff1b178289b5c2672cc2e295b88a.
Tomcat 7.0.25 + MySQL 5. 6.2.x GIT ID: 5fa2a3ec8510a6d42c2376f82a1febbe9478276e. 6.2.x Plugins GIT ID: b447a71bb90197ccfad80252e306c686630d37a4.
If a user changes the timezone in the account settings, the events display portlet will still work as if UTC is the timezone.
Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Deploy the Events Display plugin
2. Add the Events Display portlet
3. Add a Calendar portlet
4. Go to Control Panel
5. Go to My Account
6. Go to Display Settings
7. Change the time zone to Pacific Standard Time
8. Add a new Calendar event that is taking place one hour ahead of the current time
9. View the Events Display portlet; no events will be displayed
10. Repeat steps 4-6
11. Change the time zone to Universal Coordinated Time
12. View the Events Display portlet; the event will be displayed
Also, if a user is in Pacific Standard Time and adds an event that is 8 hours or more ahead of the current time, the event will still display (due to UTC being 8 hours ahead of Pacific Standard Time).