Type: Feature Request
Affects Version/s: 6.0.12 EE
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Liferay Version: 6.0 SP 1
Operating System: Windows XP
Application Server: Tomcat 6.x
Java Virtual Machine: Java 6
Database: DB2 9.1
It would be nice to have feature to assign roles to portlet in portlet.xml file using <security-role-ref> tag.
We found permission issues in Message Boards portlet and while thinking of possible work arounds, I thought if we can assign roles directly to portlet from portlet.xml would be really cool!
I have explained example below -
We are using LR6 SP1.We noticed that a non-Admin user with a default Organization Member role is not able to reply to the post in Message boards portlet.
1) Create organization, say ABC.
2) Login as an Admin , add Message Boards portlet to that organization page.
3) Add Category, add thread post.
4) Create User , make him that organization member.
5) Login with that user , you will find reply icons are not visible to organization members(see attached image). If we want them to view posts, we have to give explicit permissions.
There are few work around to deal with this issue , but it would be really grate if we have can assign roles to portlet something like
Please let me know your thoughts on this.