Affects Version/s: 6.1.0 CE GA1, 6.1.10 EE GA1, 6.2.0 CE M2
Component/s: Content Display Widgets > Asset Publisher widget
Steps to reproduce:
1. Add a Blogs and Asset Publisher portlet to a page
2. On the Blogs Portlet, click the Permission button and give all permissions to the User role
3. Sign in as a non-admin user, then try to add a blog via Blog and Asset Publisher portlet. It works
4. Remove "General - Go to Control Panel " from the User role.
5. As the user, try to add a blog via the Asset Publisher portlet - it will through a 404.
It will work via the Blog portlet.
It seems odd that you need an extra permission when trying to go through the Asset Publisher, when it works fine when using the direct portlet.
Need to see if this is intended behavior or a bug.