Affects Version/s: 6.1.0 CE GA1, 6.1.10 EE GA1, 6.2.0 CE M2
Branch Version/s:6.1.x, 6.0.x
Backported to Branch:Committed
When setting up the portal so that you can respond to Message board threads via email client, both the message board thread and my email inbox start to get flooded with emails from what appears to be my sent folder.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Add the following to portal-ext.properties
2. Control Panel>Server Admin>Mail
3. Enter the following in order for the fields:
(personal email address)
(Personal email address)
4. Go to Portal Instances and click on available instance
5. Edit mail domain to gmail.com
6. Add the message boards porlet
7. Add new category
edit category (edit category.JPG)
Under "Mailing List" check Active
Select Pop Protocol
Fill in (personal email address)
Server name= pop.gmail.com
Server Port= 995
Check Secure Network Connection
Username= admin username
Read Interval= 1
Outgoing email address= (personal email address)
8. Add a new user w/ (personal email address- same as one configured in server admin)
9. Assign new user to the guest community
10. Log in as the new user
11. Go to the message board
12. Subscribe to category
13. Log in as the SA user
14. Go to the category and add a new thread
15. Open a new webpage and go to gmail.com
16. Log in as (personal email address)
17. Open email of thread just posted.
18. Replay to email of thread
19. Return to Message Board
20. Goto thread
By following the steps above you will see the response via email client get posted to the MB, and then a flood of emails will display in your email inbox and the MB thread post.
This is what the client is reporting as well, however they are using Lotus Notes. The messages appear to be sent mail from my personal email address.
We tried another test and configured IMAP, the first time we configured it, a few messages came in, but the second time we configured it, no messages came in. Chris had a theory that there are messages from my Sent Mail that were marked as unread that could be causing this to happen?
Please let us know if you need any further info