Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 6.1.0 CE GA1, 6.1.10 EE GA1, 6.2.0 CE M2
Component/s: ~ [Archived] Sites Management
Environment:Tomcat 7.0 + MySQL 5. Portal 6.1.x CE GIT ID: f86175dd0f2548ab8a1e1e942004cfb8541f3227.
Tomcat 7.0 + MySQL 5. Portal 6.1.x EE GIT ID: 4ebcade5fb26dc43bb4de711cf92af9a43fc4d72.
Tomcat 7.0 + MySQL 5. Portal 6.2.x GIT ID: f989619a928f761c5016ed0767651cd0adc9af67.
If a user has permissions and updates an organization, the user will get a "You do not have the required permissions" error message after clicking Save. However, the changes do save.
- Create a User: Test
- Update Test's password
- Create an Organization: Orgtest
- Assign the Organization to the User
- Create an Organization Role: Orgrole
- Assign Orgrole to Test
- Navigate to Control Panel > Roles and click on Actions > Define Permissions for Orgrole
- Select Organization Administration in the Add Permissions dropbox and check the following permission under Organization:
- Manage Users
- Click Save
- Sign Out and Sign In as user: Test
- Navigate to the Control Panel > Users and Organizations and click on Actions > Edit for Orgtest
- Update the name to Orgtest2 and click Save
- You will get a "You do not have the required permissions" error
- Click on Users and Organization, Orgtest has been updated to Orgtest2
Expected: There should not be an error message displayed when the user as Update and View permissions for Organizations
Actual: User gets an error message