Affects Version/s: 6.1.0 CE GA1, 6.1.10 EE GA1, 6.2.0 CE M2
Component/s: Documents & Media
Environment:Liferay Version: 6.1
Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2
Application Server: Tomcat 7.0.x
Java Virtual Machine: Java 6
When uploaded files in the document library are edited by a different user, the "Last updated by" property is not reflecting the new users info. Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Login as test admin. Go to control panel-> Liferay->Document and Media
2. Click on Add->Basic document. Browse an image file and upload the image.
3. Login as a different admin user (e.g. testAdmin2). Go to control panel->Liferay->Document and Media
4. Select a file (already uploaded in Document and Media), originally uploaded by some other administrator user (e.g. test).
5. The right hand side shows all meta-data properties such as Version number, Last updated by, date, status etc.
6. Now click on checkout. Then click on Edit, and browse a different file to update the existing file.
7. Click on Save and Checkin to update with the new file.
8. The file gets updated with proper version number, date, status etc. The history table also shows correct data.
9. But the property "Last updated by" still shows the previous user, who originally uploaded the file, along with the original upload time.