Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 6.1.20 EE GA2, 6.2.0 CE M2
Component/s: Site Templates
Environment:Tomcat 7.0 + MySQL 5. Portal 6.1.x EE GIT ID: 9db5d1166371a6e59e4ee4f7aa421f7e54f936f4.
Tomcat 7.0 + MySQL 5. Portal 6.2.x GIT ID: 43d6b6844cd6f1e71b0b860d66b16a7b24889865.
The user is unable to create a site with a site template. The UI says: "Your Request Failed to Complete." However, the site is still created and visible on the Site Selector Drop down in the left Control Panel. Accessing the site then adding a site template for the Public Pages will cause a stacktrace error (see log) and Sites becomes unavailable.
1. Go to Control Panel> Sites.
2. Click Add > Community Site.
3. Add a name and description.
4. Unflag the Enable Propagation check box.
5. Click Save.
6. The UI says: "Your request failed to complete."
7. Click the Site Selector Dropdown in the left Control Panel. This shows that the site was created.
8. Click the Site drop down and there is a Control Panel error.
9. Click the triangle drop down to expand Public Pages.
10. Select Community Site Template and click Save. This time, the entire Site becomes unavailable and there is a stacktrace error.