Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 6.1.20 EE GA2, 6.2.0 CE M2
Environment:Tomcat 7.0.27 + MySQL 5. Portal 6.1.x EE GIT ID: e2e429b333f563486746f246b0be751b1de627ce.
Tomcat 7.0.27 + MySQL 5. Portal 6.2.x GIT ID: a0bfe09f019938dc9b87aa2c35b9bc7f2bf17cfa.
Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Add a Community Site and uncheck "Enable propagation from the site template"
2. Add a new user and make the new user a member of the newly added site and save
3. Go to Roles
4. Click Add and select Site Role
5. Type "Staging" as the name and save
6. In the list of roles, click on Actions and Define Permissions for the Staging role
7. In the Add Permissions dropdown, click "Site Administration"
8. Flag all checkboxes
9. Save the permissions
10. Go to Users and Organizations
11. Click Actions and Edit for the newly added user
12. Click Roles
13. Click "Select" under Site Roles
14. Select the Staging role and save
15. Log out and log in as the new user and view the new site
16. Log back in as the Super Admin
17. Activate staging for the new site
18. Log out and log in as the new user
19. View the new site's live page; the portlets will be visible
20. Click "Staging"
21. Publish the staged site to live
22. View the live page
23. At the live page, the user will be unable to see the content of any of the portlets. The user will see the portlets with permission error messages.