Affects Version/s: 5.1.2, 5.2.2
Fix Version/s: 5.2.3
Backported to Branch:Committed
Similar Issues:Show 4 results
LPS-7989 Problem with wicket ajax handling if community as virtualhost LPS-28349 Disallow of accessing a site using other site's virtualhost LPS-729 Custom Attribute permissions are too restrictive because they do not handle scopes, such as with Org and Community Roles LPS-10269 When using virtual hosts, certain characters are not handled properly in the url's
When a user who does not have appropriate access attempts to login to a restricted community through a virtualhost, the system apparently goes into an infinite loop and the browser displays a cannot reach destination error. Here are the steps to reproduce this:
1. Log in as an Admin.
2. Create a user.
3. Create a restricted community.
4. Add a private page to the community, and no public pages.
5. On that page, change the private virtualhost to test.mypage.com
6. On your host file, point test.mypage.com to the local IP address (in order simulate DNS entry)
7. In your browser go to http://test.mypage.com:8080/
8. Attempt to log in as your created user.
I was able to reproduce this in 5.1.x. Running on trunk, I was only able to make it to step 7; I never had the opportunity to attempt a log in. The error however, was the same.