Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 6.1.10 EE GA1
Component/s: Documents & Media
Liferay Version: 6.1 GA 1
Operating System: Windows 7
Application Server: Tomcat 7.0.x
Java Virtual Machine: Java 6
Database: MySQL 5.5
The icon in the resource browser will change depending on the name of the file, while the Document Library will accurately show a preview of the file based on what type of file it is.
1. Login as admin.
2. Add the Documents and Media portlet.
3. Add the Web Content Display portlet.
4. Upload a .png, .jpeg, and a .txt file. through the Documents and Media portlet.
5. Click on the add web content icon in the Web Content Display portlet(next to the cog/select web content icon)
6. Click on the Image(small picture) icon.
7. Click on the "Browse Server" button, wait for pop-up window.
8. Navigate to where your files are uploaded in the pop-up window, and verify icons match up to the current file type.
9. In your portal, navigate back to the Document and Media portlet, and remove the file extension of one of the uploaded files.
10. Refresh the Resouce Browser in the pop out window, and you should see that document appear blank, with no extension.
11. Rename the now extension-less file, via the Document and Media portlet, to end in an extension other than the actual file type.(ie. make the former .txt file end in .jpeg etc)
12. Refresh Resouce Browser, and the icon should now reflect the extension, and not the file type.
13. The Document and Media portlet will still display the file as what it originally was in preview(.txt will show as a text, a .png as a picture etc)