Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 6.1.0 CE GA1
Fix Version/s: 6.1.1 CE GA2
Component/s: Legacy > Extension Environment
Environment:Development: OS X 10.7.4 & OS X 10.8.0, Eclipse 3.7.2, Liferay IDE 1.5.3.v201205280937, Liferay SDK 6.1.0 GA1
a) OS X Server 10.7.4, Tomcat bundle
b) Ubuntu 12.04 64bits, Tomcat bundle
Similar Issues:Show 5 results
LPS-29565 Forked processes aren't picking up Ext modifications LPS-5404 PortletAutoDeployListener picks up "vanilla" WAR files even if they aren't portlet applications LPS-1791 Allow extensions to portal.properties to be picked up from liferay.home LPS-22377 user.contry and user.language not picked up from portal-ext.properties? LPS-6122 Display text in Language properties of plugins can't be picked up properly in Control Panel
I run OS X 10.7.3 and 10.8.0 on my local machine
1) downloaded the tomcat bundle
2) downloaded the sdk
3) installed the Liferay IDE in Eclipse 3.7.2
4) created an ext plugin and changed some classes in ext-impl (VelocityVariablesImpl, WebServerServlet, LoginAction and LoginUtil) and in ext-service (NavItem)
5) I have build and deployed the ext on a local liferay tomcat bundle
===> everything works fine
6) I have build (war file) the ext environment and copied the war file to an XServe running 10.7.4 and a tomcat bundle
7) I have copied the war file to the deploy folder and stop/started the tomcat server
===> everything works fine
8) I have installed a virtual machine in vSphere running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bits
9) I have downloaded and installed the Sun/Oracle JDK 1.6.0_33
10) I have downloaded the tomcat bundle and unzipped it
11) I have set the java using update-alternatives and setting the $JAVA_HOME in /etc/profile
12) I have copied my war file to the Ubuntu server
13) I have deployed my ext to the tomcat
===> the classes in ext-impl are being used by tomcat, the classes in ext-service are NOT being used
14) I have tar'ed the liferay tomcat bundle on the Xserve (that works fine) and copied it to the Ubuntu and untar'ed it
===> the classes in ext-service are NOT being used
The classes in ext-service are deployed in a jar file under TOMCAT/lib/ext the jar file is named ext-technolink-ext-service.jar. I if leave the file in lib/ext, the classes are NOT being used, if I copy the jar file into TOMCAT/lib, then the classes are in fact being used.
I had noticed that if I install the openjdk (6 or 7) using apt-get on ubuntu, liferay is failing in custom themes that rely on SASS. It seems that JRuby doesn't work correctly with openjdk. Therefore I relied on the Sun/Oracle JDK to run the tomcat.
Why is the ext not working on Ubuntu when it works perfectly well on both my local machine and the XServe?
Any help is greatly appreciated.