- We have a portal with 10+ sites.
- Some sites are linked together.
- Each website has its own virtual host.
- Links from one site to the other one are for instance visible in "my account" (a liferay panel) where the user can see the communities he belongs to. There is a button "view public/private pages".
We realized that there is a way to work around vhosts:
- Let's assume we have site1 and site2.
- Without vhosts we would access them using http://www.mydomain.com/web/site1 or http://www.mydomain.com/web/site2
- With vhosts we access them using http://www.site1.com and http://www.site2.com
The issue we found is the we can access site2 using http://www.site1.com/web/site2. This shouldn't be the case. As an expected behavior, the url http://www.site1.com/web/site2/home should redirect directly to http://www.site2.com/home.