6.1.30 EE GA3, 6.2.0 CE M2
Tomcat 7.0.27 + MySQL 5. Portal 6.1.x EE GIT ID: 3ff9c51b043ac6ea90f206ec63a4f2151c7979df.
Tomcat 7.0.27 + MySQL 5. Portal 6.2.x GIT ID: da611e385dc9e6a671592ec88de4655b86761495.
If child pages are hidden when the user navigates to Manage > Page, the user won't be able to drag and drop the child pages to change their display order.
If the child pages are visible because the parent page tree is expanded when the user navigates to Manage > Page, the user will be able to drag and drop the child pages to change their display order.
Steps to reproduce:
- Add a page
- Go to Manage > Page and add 3 child pages to the page
- Refresh, then go to Manage > Page
- Click on the drop down arrow to expand the parent page tree
- Drag and drop the first child page to the bottom. The dotted position line will not display.
- If the user refreshes again and goes to Manage > Page, Liferay will remember that the tree is expanded, so the child pages will be visible right away. The user will then be able to move the child pages around.
- If the user then clicks the arrow and hides the child pages and saves, the next time the user goes to Manage > Page the user will once again not be able to move the child pages around.
It seems as if whatever allows the movement of child pages fails to load if those pages aren't visible right off the bat.