Affects Version/s: 6.1.1 CE GA2, 6.1.20 EE GA2
Component/s: UI Infrastructure
Backported to Branch:Committed
Similar Issues:Show 5 results
LPS-16503 Dragging portlet can cause red screen when in IE9 and in document mode of IE7 or IE8 LPS-24004 IE 8 Browser Mode and IE7 Standards for Document Mode cause 3 Column Layout to Display as 1 Column LPS-30679 Embedded <<, <, >, >> on buttons in IE7 when using Documents and Media portlet. LPS-49077 Can't edit the content using source mode in popup window in IE8 LPS-31626 Add "Open in MS Office" in the Document Preview screen
When IE8 is set to Document Mode of IE7, dragging and dropping portlets, the entire screen can turn red. This is most likely due to opacity handling.
This issue can be intermittent, but here is the most consistent way to reproduce:
1. Startup Liferay (I was using Trunk Rev127035)
2. Before going to Liferay, set IE8 to be in Browser Mode: IE8, Document Mode: IE7
3. Create a new page called "test"
4. Under the "Add" Menu, click More
5. Drag 1 portlet into a column (valid dropzone). (You'll see the blue placeholder.)
6. Drag another portlet somewhere other than a valid dropzone. Be sure to not drag over any valid dropzones (columns). If the blue placeholder displays, you'll need to refresh the page and start again at Step 4.
7. Once you've let go of the mouse. Hover over a valid dropzone. The blue line will now display. Click the mouse to "drop" the portlet.
8. Attempt to drag another portlet. You'll get a red & orange screen as shown in the screenshot.