Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 6.2.0 CE M3
Fix Version/s: 6.2.0 CE M3
Environment:Tomcat 7 + MySQL 5. Portal 6.2.x GIT ID: 6c2cf29e66f84c2e95cdc13d6fbd6d0fde1af2e6.
Plugins 6.2.x GIT ID: 318359e8d14eed4b1428027d6da9160e1497958c.
Email reminders for Calendar Events are not being sent out. I am also getting a MessageListernerException in the console. Note that I am getting the Calendar Invite email, just not the reminders.
- In your portal-ext, fill in the following properties:
- Navigate to Control Panel > Server Administration > Mail
- Configure POP and SMTP for gmail.
- Navigate to Control Panel > Portal Instance
- Replace liferay.com in the Mail Domain field with gmail.com
- Create a user with a valid gmail email account
- Create a Calendar Event and invite the user
- Click on the Event > Edit Details > Reminders
- Set the Reminders to 5 minutes and 3 minutes before the event.
- Check the user email, note you will get the Invite email but the reminder email is not being sent.