Affects Version/s: 6.1.1 CE GA2, 6.1.20 EE GA2
Environment:LIFERAY VERSION: 6.1 GA 1
OPERATING SYSTEM: Red Hat
APPLICATION SERVER: Tomcat 7.0.x
JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE: Java 6
DATABASE: Oracle 11g
In an environment where two domains are hooked up to an Apache server to the same Liferay instance (e.g. test1.local.domain and test2.local.domain) with 'redirect.url.security.mode=domain' added to portal-ext.properties, and that we are subscribed to a message board thread/category, email notification will contain an incorrect link.
For example, we receive an email containing the following link: "Message Boards https://localhost/-/message_boards/view_message/10945 https://test1.local.domain" or "Message Boards https://localhost/-/message_boards/view_message/10945 https://test2.local.domain" depending on whether we point our browsers to test1.local.domain or test2.local.domain.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. For the system containing the application server housing Liferay, edit the HOSTS file to route all requests to an Apache server as follows:
2. Route the Apache server to the system housing my Liferay instance at port 8009
3. Start up the Apache server
4. Add the redirect.url.security.mode=domain property into portal-ext.properties
5. Start up Liferay (and access it in your browser using either test1.local.domain or test2.local.domain to connect to it)
6. Add POP and SMTP servers (I used my GMail account for testing purposes)
7. Change user's email account to one that can receive emails (email@example.com might need to be changed to a working email address)
8. Add Message Board portlet
9. Add a Thread with title TEST and add text TEST, then subscribe to it
10. Type a reply to this thread
11. Check notification email from Liferay instance
The notification email will have the message board reply text, and a link that functions, linking the user to the message board page from the virtual host that they came from.
The notification email will read "Message Boards https://localhost/-/message_boards/view_message/10945 https://test1.local.domain"
TESTING IN TRUNK 6.2.x REV 128632
FAIL - Reproduced
TESTING IN BRANCH REV 128632
FAIL - Reproduced